What is the difference between someone who keeps reaching for the stars and someone who is stuck in a rut? There is very little difference between emotions perceived or their fears they face; they often so similar. But the way the fear or emotion is dealt with is often the big difference. Often the person who keeps striving for more faces the fears head on, asks questions about it, looks at how they have struggled with it before and then chosen a different approach and pushed through it.
When we ignore the fear though, often in sits in the back of our mind playing over and over again on loop. We may not have the tools to face it so we instead cover it up by drinking, overeating, negative self talk, becoming ill until it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy; "see I knew I couldn't do that".
But what is on the other side of the fear? What if we push through the discomfort? So many times we are held back by the what if's which love to keep us small and in a place of fear:
* what if it didn't work?
* what if I couldn't do it?
* what if I ran out of money?
* what if no-one agreed with what I had to say?
* what if I got hurt?
* what if I fail?
* what if I succeed.............?
So many what if's! What if we could face a whole day making choices we want to make not making them from a place of fear? Pick a fear and face it head on. It could be facing a fear of an animal, reptile or insect. How would you feel if you held a snake after fearing them your whole life? It could be fear of saying yes to something you deep down want to do but are afraid to face because of all the what if's for example a new career path. Ask the question, what if I didn't do it.....?
We don't want to be at the end of our life asking "what if".......... wouldn't it be better to be saying remember when....?!
* Think of a fear that you want to conquer.
* Imagine how you feel when you have done it.
* Ask some questions about why it scares you so much.
* What is the worst case scenario.
* What is the BEST case scenario.
* What is to be gained by overcoming this fear?
* How could my life be different if I did this?